Students apply to the DBMD program during their third year of undergraduate study. After completing the first three years and most of the required undergraduate courses at NSYSU, successful candidates arrive at Temple University in the fourth year as full-time graduate students enrolled in a participating master’s degree program. In the final two years of the five-year structure, DBMD students complete all course requirements for both degrees. Upon successful completion of the five-year program, students receive their bachelor’s degree from NSYSU
and their master’s degree from Temple University.
Temple University is a major public research and teaching university. The university has more than 39,000 students from over 100 countries enrolled in graduate and undergraduate programs in 17 schools and colleges. Temple is also the fourth-largest provider of professional education (business, law, dentistry, medicine, pharmacy and podiatric medicine) in the United States. Through various schools and colleges, the university offers 133 master’s and 62 doctoral programs.
• Early admission into a graduate program at Temple University, after three years of undergraduate studies at home institution.
• GRE waived for most graduate programs. The exception is for admission into DBMD programs in the Fox School of Business and Management for which an official GRE or GMAT score is required at the time of application.
• Opportunity to pursue a graduate degree that is different from the undergraduate major.
• Scholarships of up to $5,000 per year are available for qualified students for each of the two years they are enrolled in the DBMD program.
• Orientation offers opportunities to get to know Temple students, to learn more about life and entertainment in Philadelphia and vicinity, and to get acquainted with support units and resources available at Temple University.
• Opportunity to enroll in additional language training through the Intensive English Language Program (IELP) before the first semester at Temple University.
Students have the best chance of being admitted to the program if they meet ALL of the following eligibility criteria:
• Students must have completed most of the required coursework for their bachelor’s degree prior to arriving at Temple. Any remaining undergraduate courses will have to be completed concurrently with or in addition to the graduate courses required for the master’s degree.
• Completed undergraduate coursework meets most of the academic prerequisites of the graduate program. For instance, to apply to most business programs, students must have taken quantitative courses (statistics and calculus) and/or management courses, while students applying to the medical school programs must have completed advanced science courses (life sciences, biochemistry, chemistry or biology).
• Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5/4.5 (3.0/4.0 or approximately 80%).
• English Proficiency: Official test scores for iBT TOEFL must be 79 or higher and IELTS band 6.5 or higher to be admitted into most graduate programs. Higher scores will increase student’s chance of being admitted into the program and are required for some academic programs.
• GMAT for Fox School of Business and Management applicants.
Program Website: http://www.temple.edu/provost/international/dbmd/index.html
NSYSU Office of International Affairs (Room AD2004)
Dual Bachelor’s Master’s Degree Program