International Degree-seeking Students
Degree-seeking Student Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1:How can I apply?
Please follow the following four steps to complete the NSYSU application for International Students:
1. Read the Regulations thoroughly
2. Create an account using your email address and set the password https://admission.nsysu.edu.tw/eoiaform/passportMember/login
3. Upload all required documents to the online application system.
Note: OIA does not accept any documents submitted in paper (except recommendation letters). Please contact us at email@example.com if any uploading problems occurred.
Q2:May I apply for more than one program?
A: Each applicant may apply for two undergraduate/graduate programs at most, and one group within one undergraduate/graduate program at most; when applying for two undergraduate/graduate programs, please submit required documents individually for each program. Applicants accepted for both programs can only choose to accept and enroll in one program.
Q3:May I apply for more than one scholarship?
A: Applicants can apply for any number of scholarship for which you are eligible. Applicants can only hold one scholarship at once. For detailed information relating to scholarships, please visit the following websites:
l. National Sun Yat-sen University Scholarship: https://oia.nsysu.edu.tw/p/412-1007-16279.php?Lang=en
2. Elite Doctoral Student Entrance Scholarship (funding from the Office of Academic Affairs): https://oaa.nsysu.edu.tw/p/404-1003-114699.php?Lang=zh-tw
3. Taiwan MOE scholarship & Taiwan MOFA scholarship: https://taiwanscholarship.moe.gov.tw/web/scholarship.aspx
4. Taiwan ICDF Scholarship (Only for International Master's program in Electric Power Engineering): https://www.icdf.org.tw/ct.asp?xItem=12505&CtNode=30316&mp=2.
Q4:There are 2 types of NSYSU Scholarship for PhD students, how should I choose?
A: Tick “yes” in the online degree application system and upload the Consent Form signed by future advisor in NSYSU to the online application system before application due date.(You need to find an advisor by yourself, searching possible advisor(s) on department’s website and email them.) Basically, all the PhD applicants who get admitted will have the tuition and fees waiver (type A), only top 4 students of each college will get extra dorm fee waiver for Fall admission (top 2 students for Spring admission) (type B).
Note: 1. (The scholarship will be cancelled if the recipients are evidently found to hold a working ARC, APRC or possess a full-time job on- or off-campus.
2. For International Elite Doctoral Student Entrance Scholarship application, OIA will send more informaiton to applicants who are admitted after admission announcement.
Q5:If I am currently studying at an institute what should I need to provide?
A: Applicants who are currently studying at an institute a proof of registration /enrollment certificate issued by the institute is required to upload to the online application system.
Q6:Do I have to verify my diploma/transcript at the time of application?
A: You don't need to submit any authenticated degree diploma and transcript. We allow applicants to upload scanned degree diploma and transcripts at time of application. If the original is not in Chinese or English, the translated certificate of diploma and transcript must be uploaded to the online application system as well. Once official admission announcement has been made, admitted students are required to submit the authenticated diploma and transcript to the Office of International Affairs before the deadline. For applicants who graduated from Taiwanese university the degree diploma and transcript do not required further verification. All offers of admission are conditional until the documents are submitted.
Note: For undergraduate programs, please provide high school deploma; for graduate program, please provide Bachelor Degree Diploma; for Ph.D programs; please provide Master's Degree Diploma (Applicants for Ph.D. program should provide both undergraduate and graduate transcripts).
Q7:How much money should I provide in financial statement at the time of application?
A: 1. All applicants must provide a financial statement within 3 months of the application time frame of at least USD$4,000 or NTD$120,000.
2. Full scholarship recipients can provide scholarship certificate instead (scholarship application form not accepted).
3. If the financial statement is not in the name of the applicant, a declaration with signature from the sponsor must be included, stating the relationship with the applicant and guaranteeing responsibility for all of applicant's expenses in Taiwan.
Q8:Do I need to pay for the application fee?
A: No. Applying to NSYSU is free.
Q9: Must I submit the proof of language proficiency?
A: All applicants must submit the proof of language proficiency in accordance with departmental requirement https://oia.nsysu.edu.tw/var/file/7/1007/img/2175/NSYSU2020-2021AdmissionApplicationHandbook.pdf
Q10:What should I do if I received the "Application Return" Notice?
A: Please log into the system and check the comments for the return reason. You could click "re-submit" before application deadline (Fall admission- Mar 31 / Spring admission-Sep 30)
Q11:I have made some mistakes on my application, what can I do to change the information?
A: The application form you have submitted is considered as final. If you wish to make amendments to your application, please email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the deadline and we will return your application . Please make you upload the correct documents and click "re-submit" before application deadline.
Any re-submission after application deadline is NOT ACCEPTED.