Arrival & Quarantine Measures for "Exchange Students"
Step 1. Fill out the health & quarantine declaration form on the Quarantine System for Entry within 48 hours before boarding the flight.
Instructions for filling the form:
- Purpose of coming to Taiwan: Study
Leave your current mobile phone number and change it to your Taiwan number after buying one
Step 2. After arriving at the airport, purchase the sim card, have some food, change your US dollars to NT dollars, and use the restroom before claiming your luggage. The sim card should be active for at least 22 days.
Step 3. Change your mobile number on the quarantine system to your Taiwan number and present your hotel reservation slip at the quarantine counter/customs.
Step 4. You will be asked to take a PCR test at the airport and receive a rapid test kit for later use (the 10th day of quarantine).
Step 5. Come out to the meeting hall and go to the Car Rental Counter directly. If the rental cars are fully booked, please turn to the Taxi Service Counter.
They would ask you to fill in a form for a car reservation. You can ask the staff there to help put on the address in Chinese so the driver can locate your destination sooner. Before you get in the car, they will sanitize your luggage and your body with alcohol spray. It will be a 3-4 hours non-stop trip to Kaohsiung. No stopover is allowed. ** According to the latest regulation, you cannot share a car if you are not a family. **
Taoyuan International Airport
For students arriving at Kaohsiung International Airport, you can go to the Taxi Service Counter at Exit 7 directly. The guard there will show you the direction.
Step 6. Please let Hana know by replying to the post for your date of arrival on the Facebook group when you get on the designated transport car and arrive at the quarantine hotel.
Please follow the quarantine regulations and the instructions given by the healthcare division staff. Individuals who violate quarantine regulations are subject to fines ranging from NT$100,000 to NT$1 million
You are required to stay in a quarantine hotel for 16 nights to wait for the result of your PCR test. You can make the payment by Credit card (American Express is not accepted) or cash (Taiwan dollars only) upon arrival.
- The hotel provides free wifi, cable TV, water bottles, shower gel, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, small towel, 3 meals a day Food delivery services: Uber Eats, Foodpanda (pay by credit card and note your room number on the order).
- Smoking is banned in the hotel and all indoor public places in Taiwan. No room cleaning service will be provided. Garbage should be placed outside of the room. Remember to put on your mask when putting/taking something outside of your room.
- You can ask the counter to help order a taxi for you when checking out.
- It is compulsory for you to measure your temperature twice a day, report it back on LINE app 疫止神通(Disease Containment Expert) （https://lin.ee/oY1L00W） or SMS system. Please do so every day for the entire quarantine period. You can download and register LINE app here: https://line.me/en-US/download before scanning the QR code.
If you have any questions regarding your health condition or regarding the temperature report procedures, please send messages to the NSYSU Health Division Facebook Page directly.
PCR & Rapid Test
You are required to take a COVID-19 rapid test on the 10th day of quarantine and report it to the system. Please follow the instruction video below. If you fail in completing the test, please report to the NSYSU Health Division Facebook Page immediately. You will be asked to purchase a new kit.
There will also be a PCR test arranged on the 12-14th day. The city health department will let you know in advance which day on the 12th - 14th day of quarantine you will go for the PCR test.
The hotel should notify you when the taxi arrives. The test result should be out by the 15th day.
The examination fee will be covered by the government, but you should pay the administration fees (a few hundred) upon check-in at the hospital and the taxi fare (another few hundred).
Please follow the self-health management notices carefully and book a hotel room from the list we provided for 6 nights. You must stay in a single room with an independent bathroom inside by yourself during self-health management period. Do not enter the campus during the period. You can return to normal life the next day after self-health management is complete.
- Online Orientation: September 24, 2021 (link will be provided later)
- Registration Deadline: October 8, 2021 (updated)
- Deadline for opening a bank account: October 18, 2021
- Please send a picture of your bank book and your ARC number (if you have one) or your Taiwan uniform ID number to Hana before the deadline.
- Send a request email to Hana for an enrollment certificate and extend your visa 2 weeks before it's invalid (check the Duration of Stay on your visa).
Full-year students need to complete the registration asap to obtain the enrollment certificate and change their visa to Alien Resident Certificate.