Arrival & Quarantine Measures for "Exchange Students" - Starting from June 15, 2022
1. In response to the rapid spread of the Omicron variant, COVID-19 RT-PCR test reports required for inbound passengers must be issued within two days which is based on the specimen collection date. Find more information here.
2. Fill out the health & quarantine declaration form on the Quarantine System for Entry within 48 hours before boarding the flight.
Instructions for filling the form:
- Purpose of coming to Taiwan: Study
Leave your current mobile phone number and change it to your Taiwan number after buying one
Step 1. After arriving at the airport, you will be asked to take a saliva test and receive 2 rapid test kits for later use.
Step 2. Purchase a sim card (valid for the whole duration of your stay or at least for 30 days), have some food, change your USD or Euros to NT dollars (prepare 100 bills for exchange), and use the restroom before claiming your luggage.
Step 3. Change your mobile number on the quarantine system to your Taiwan number, and present the declaration form and your hotel reservation slip at the quarantine counter/customs.
Step 4. Come out to the meeting hall and go to the Car Rental Counter directly. If the rental cars are fully booked, please turn to the Taxi Service Counter. (The rental cars are similar to the taxis. There will be a driver taking you to the destination.)
They would ask you to fill in a form for a car reservation. You can ask the staff there to help put on the hotel address in Chinese so the driver can locate your destination sooner. Before you get in the car, they will sanitize your luggage and your body with alcohol spray. It will be a 3-4 hours non-stop trip to Kaohsiung. No stopover is allowed.
Taoyuan International Airport Floor Plan
For students arriving at Kaohsiung International Airport, you can go to the Taxi Service Counter at Exit 7 directly. The guard there will show you the direction.
Step 5. Please report to the OIA coordinator through Facebook Messenger or Line when you get on the designated transportation and at the time of arriving at the quarantine hotel.
You are requested to follow the quarantine regulations and the instructions given by the NSYSU Health Division. Individuals who violate quarantine regulations are subject to fines ranging from NT$100,000 to NT$1 million
1 Saliva Test & 1 Rapid Test
The date of your arrival will be counted as Day 0 and you will take a deep-throat saliva test at the airport after landing. You are required to take a COVID-19 rapid test on the 7th day before your quarantine is over. Please follow the instruction video below for taking the rapid test.
3-day Quarantine + 4-day Self-initiated Epidemic Prevention starting from the next day of arrival
It is compulsory for students to stay in a quarantine hotel for 8 nights (including the night of your arrival). You can make the payment by a credit card (American Express is not accepted) or cash (Taiwanese dollars only) upon arrival.
- The hotel provides free wifi, cable TV, water bottles, shower gel, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, small towel, 3 meals a day Food delivery services: Uber Eats, Foodpanda (pay by credit card and note your room number on the order).
- Smoking is banned in hotels and all indoor public places in Taiwan. No room cleaning service will be provided. Garbage should be placed outside of the room. Remember to put on your mask when putting/taking something outside of your room.
- It is compulsory for you to measure your temperature twice a day, and report it back on the LINE app 疫止神通(Disease Containment Expert) （https://lin.ee/oY1L00W） or SMS system. Please do so every day for the entire quarantine period. You can download and register the LINE app here: https://line.me/en-US/download before scanning the QR code.
If you have any questions regarding your health condition or regarding the temperature report procedures, please send messages to the NSYSU Health Division Facebook Page directly.
During the Self-initiated Epidemic Prevention, students should not go out unless necessary. A negative result from a rapid test taken within 2 days should be presented if they need to go out. Students are not allowed to come to the campus before the Self-initiated Epidemic Prevention is over.
Please read through the latest announcement for the 3+4 quarantine measures carefully: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/Detail/rYB7LWBxxycgJznNucXoiw?typeid=158
Important Dates for Exchange Students - Fall 2022
- Orientation: September 2, 2022
- Registration(enrolment) Period: September 5-6, 2022
- Dormitory Check-in: TBC / Check-out: January 11, 2023