New!! GRE & GMAT Waiver Update
Previously, the GRE and GMAT were waived for DBMD applicants except those for the Fox School of Business. Now, all DBMD Fox business applicants will also be considered for waivers upon review of academic transcripts.
Established in 2008, the Dual Bachelor’s Master’s Degree (DBMD) program is an accelerated dual-degree program, which allows you to earn your bachelor’s from your home university and your master’s degree from Temple University. The program has nearly 200 alumni living around the world.
DBMD offers you the opportunity to live abroad, develop your professional experience, expand your career network, acquire cross-cultural understanding, and improve your multilingual skills. Through DBMD, you will develop the necessary abilities to be competitive in today’s job market.
Additional benefits include
- scholarships of up to 20% of tuition,
- early admission to master’s degree programs,
- GRE waived for most majors,
- personalized application assistance,
- internship and career support, and social and professional events and activities.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR DBMD PROGRAM
Entrance requirements vary according to the program in which the student chooses to enroll.
Graduate program requirements can be found by degree program at www.temple.edu/gradbulletin.
Students have the best chance of being admitted if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Minimum TOEFL® Internet-based (iBT) 79; higher for some programs. IELTS 6.5 (7.5 for Fox School applicants) GPA of 3.5/4.5 (3.0/4.0 or approximately 80%).
2. GRE is waived for most programs, with the exception of the Fox School of Business.
3. Students must have completed most of the required coursework for their Bachelor’s degree. Any remaining undergraduate courses will have to be completed in concurrence with, or in addition to the graduate courses required for the master’s degree.
4. Completed undergraduate coursework meets most of the academic prerequisites of the graduate program. For instance, to apply to most business programs, students must have taken quantitative courses (in statistics and calculus) and/or management courses while students applying to the Medical School programs must have completed advanced science courses (in life sciences, biochemistry, chemistry, or biology).
5. Students apply to the DBMD program during their third or fourth year of undergraduate study at their home university. Alumni are also welcome to apply through the DBMD Plus mode
Note: Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA while enrolled at Temple.
Tuition Fee: Tuition rates vary by department and can be found at http://bursar.temple.edu/tuition-and-fees.
Application deadlines are:
- Fall is April 1
- Spring is October 15*
* Only a few departments accept Spring admission. Please check with Global Programs office to confirm.
1. DBMD Study Plan: select appropriate graduate courses at Temple University to fulfill remaining undergraduate requirements.
2. Letters of Recommendation: 3 letters of recommendation submitted in a sealed envelope with the signature of the recommender over the flap.
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. TOEFL or IELTS Score: Applicants who have not received a degree in the United States are required to take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.
5. Standardized Test Scores: The GRE and GMAT tests are waived for all applicants to the DBMD Program. Only applicants seeking admission to the Fox School of Business are required to take the GMAT or GRE test. GMAT or GRE scores should be forwarded electronically to the Temple University Graduate School (Institutional Code: 2906).
6. Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges/universities student has attended submitted to Temple University in a sealed envelope with the seal of the institution or signature of the registrar over the flap.
7. Application for Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20): Applicants must submit this application electronically. Official supporting financial documents dated no more than 6 months prior to the date of application must accompany the application packet.
1. emal persoal information to email@example.com by March 20, 2021 for Fall 2021. please include the following information: 1. Name in Chinese; 2. Name as on your passport; 3. department; 4. Student ID; 5. Mobile phone number; 6. GPA
2. Online application
* Step 1: DBMD applicants will first complete an online Global Programs form via the website below. Applicants will indicate they are applying to DBMD and select their major of interest. https://apply.temple.edu/Global
* Step 2: Applicants will receive an email providing Department-specific instructions for completing the remainder of their online application and for submitting their supporting documents. If an applicant does not receive this email within 48-hours of completing Step 1, the applicant should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS;
* All supporting documents for the following Schools and Colleges will be submitted online through the Department-specific application portal:
* for detaied information; https://globalprograms.acquiadev.temple.edu/DBMD-Supplemental-Items