日本廣島大學 (Hiroshima University) 3+1 計畫 (October 2022 入學，校內報名 2022/2/21 截止)
Hiroshima University 3+1 Program*1 welcomes applications from international students interested in pursuing studies at Hiroshima University. Application requirements and details are provided below.
*1 Hiroshima University 3+1 Program
In this program, Hiroshima University, hereinafter referred to as “HU”, accepts international students who have completed their third year of undergraduate studies at their home institution, and provides fourth-year education, including Specialized Education Courses and Research Tutorial for their graduation thesis to be submitted to their home institution. Upon successful completion, 3+1 Program students will receive a program completion certificate from HU, and will be able to transfer the credits earned at HU to their home institution and will be granted a bachelor’s degree from their home institution. After completing the program in June of the following year, students who meet the prescribed requirements(*2) may be admitted as Research Students, and then to one of HU’s Graduate Schools after passing its entrance examination. The program also accepts international students who have completed their second year of undergraduate studies at their home institution. HU’s faculty members will provide third-year education, including Specialized Education and Research Tutorial in accordance with students’ research plans. Students in this program will belong to one of the schools as Special Auditing Students. Many of the classes will be taught in Japanese.
*2 Please note that you might be required to gain agreement from a prospective supervisor and comply with a language requirement, which vary according to each school.
Applicants must be enrolled in undergraduate programs at their home institutions with which HU has concluded an agreement on the 3+1 Program and meet all four of the following requirements.
1) Applicants are enrolled in their fourth or third year of an undergraduate program at their home institution at the time of admission to this program (October 1, 2022).
2) Applicants meet one of the following language proficiency requirements:
i) Japanese-Language Proficiency Test N1
ii) TOEFL (iBT): 61 or higher, TOEFL (PBT): 500 or higher, IELTS (Academic) 5.0 or higher, or CET (College English Test): Grade 6
iii) Language skills equivalent to i) or ii) above
3) Applicants are certain to be granted a student visa upon entering Japan.
※Regarding the applicants who are studying at other universities in Japan, there is a possibility that the Certificate of Eligibility(CoE) will not be issued or it will be issued late.
4) Applicants have been recognized by the head of their home institution that studying at HU will not hinder the timing of their graduation from their home institution, based on the number of credits already earned and expected to be earned.
1) Applicants in their fourth year: 399,600 yen (for three terms)
2) Applicants in their third year: 532,800 yen (for four terms)
Neither application fee nor admission fee are charged. In addition to tuition, 3+1 Program students are charged insurance premiums and other fees.
I. Application Documents
1) Research Proposal (designated form) *3
2) Certificate of Enrollment
3) Academic Transcript
4) Letter of Recommendation from the head of the applicant’s home institution(Expected date of graduation must be provided)
5) Personal History (designated form; with a half-length, hatless, full-face photo, taken within the past 3 months)
6) Document certifying language ability*4 Documents 1) – 6) must be written in either Japanese or English. However, in the case of a copy of a CET (College English Test) certificate, Chinses is acceptable.
*3 When sending your Research Proposal in electric format, please submit it as a Word document. In that case, you do not need to put your signature in the Applicant’s Signature field. However, when you submit your Research Proposal by post, please be
sure to sign your name in the Applicant’s Signature field.
*4 Please submit a copy of the Certificate of Result and Scores of the highest-level Japanese-Language Proficiency Test you have ever taken, or a copy of the official Score Report of an English language test. Applicants filing under eligibility requirement
iii) of 2) in Section 1. Eligibility Requirements for Applicants should submit a Certificate of Language Proficiency (designated form) prepared by a faculty member of their home institution.
【The following documents must be submitted after acceptance into the program】
II. Required Documents for Application for Certificate of Eligibility (CoE)
1) Copy of passport pages containing the applicant’s name, photo and passport number*6
2) A photo (40mm×30mm, half-length, hatless, full-face) taken within the past 3 months, in JPG format
3) Proof of financial resources to cover applicants’ expenses during his/her stay in Japan (either i) or ii) below)
i) Statement of Financial Support (designated form) and Certificate of Bank Account (issued by the bank, photocopy acceptable) *7
ii) Certificate of Scholarship (a copy is acceptable only for those who have been selected to receive the scholarship)
*5 If your passport is being issued, please submit a copy of an official certificate that proves your name, date of birth, etc.
*6 Please submit a Certificate of Bank Account showing a balance of more than 960,000 yen.