|NSYSU Scholarships for Prospective International Degree Students|
|Level of Study||Types||Duration and Conditions|
|Bachelor||Monthly stipend of TWD6,000 (≒USD200).||
Students admitted and also enrolled NSYSU from September of 2019 to February of 2023, please refer to the Scholarships Regulations (version1100512)
Students admitted and also enrollen from Fall 2023, please refer to the Guidelines Governing Scholarship Applications for Outstanding International Students at NSYSU (latest version)Guidelines Governing Scholarship Applications for Outstanding International Students at National Sun Yat-sen University
|Level of Study||Application Period||How to Apply|
|Doctoral||Same as degree program application period:
Fall semester entry:
Jan. 15- Mar. 15
Spring semester entry:
Aug. 1-Sep. 30
IMPORTANT! Please ensure you have read all the information below.
- The scholarship will be canceled if recipients fail to register before deadlines.
- International exchange or dual degree students are not eligible to apply for the NSYSU scholarship.
Excerpt from scholarship regulations
- Scholarships for awardees going overseas on a student exchange program or short-term research shall be suspended for the period abroad, and the granted duration of the scholarship cannot be extended.
- If awardees are absent from campus for more than one month (summer and winter break not included), the scholarship will be suspended for the period of absence. Suspension for two consecutive months will result in the scholarship revocation. Awardees with justifiable causes shall provide relevant evidence to apply to the Office of International Affairs for the resumption of scholarships.
- Scholarships for awardees on suspension or deferred enrollment shall be revoked. Such students may reapply for the scholarship at a specified time after resuming their studies. Scholarship for doctoral recipients who change their advisors shall be revoked.
- Scholarships for awardees with a full-time job, ARC under the purpose of work, or permanent residency shall be revoked.
- Scholarships for awardees in violation of University regulations who have been issued admonition or more serious disposition shall be revoked from the following month when the disciplinary disposition is finalized.
- Awardees arriving after the first day of class shall not receive stipends for the first of the semester (September for the fall semester and February for the spring semester). Awardees arriving on the 15th or later of the second month of the semester shall not receive stipends for the month.
- If the graduation, suspension, or expulsion occurs after the 15th of the month, the full amount of the stipend for the month is awarded.
- Ph.D. awardees must serve as a teaching or research assistant at their department (or institute or degree program) during the scholarship period.
- Ph.D. awardees must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 or above each semester or supply a recommendation letter from an advisor to continue the Elite Doctoral Scholarship.