The Taiwan-Europe Connectivity Scholarship was established by Taiwan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in 2021 to encourage European students to undertake short-term studies in Taiwan and enhance Mandarin Chinese proficiency. National Sun Yat-sen University (NSYSU) is one of the major universities to receive a comprehensive grant to provide scholarships to students of European universities. Recipients of the scholarship will be granted visas to Taiwan and take in-person classes.
List of Project
In 2021, NSYSU received grants for the projects of the Czech Republic, U.K., Hungary, and 14 European Countries (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland).
In 2022, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Portugal are added to the list of countries.
Eligibility for Applying
Students (without Chinese or Taiwanese nationality) who are enrolling at a university in the above-mentioned countries are eligible to apply for the TEC scholarship.
Conditions for Receiving the Full Scholarship
1. Students from the same university must take the same flight and follow the designated schedule to arrive in Taiwan.
2. Students are required to take and pass the Chinese course NSYSU offers for exchange students (4 hours per week, 3 credits).
3. Students need to fully cooperate with the regulations and measures at NSYSU and in Taiwan, especially in COVID-19 prevention.
4. Students are required to be fully vaccinated (2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine) for at least 2 weeks before coming to Taiwan and will need to report their COVID-19 infection & vaccination history to NSYSU.
5. MOFA and NSYSU might ask the recipients to take interviews or participate in surveys for their experience in Taiwan.
6. Recipients are encouraged to participate in English immersion activities designed and conducted by NSYSU at local elementary and high schools.