A. Tuition & fees per semester for Academic Year 2021/2022 (one academic year includes 2 semesters)
B. Tuition Fees per semester for Academic Year 2020/2021 (one academic year includes 2 semesters)
1. For NSYSU international and Mainland China bachelor students, the fifth academic year is registered as an extended study. For master’s and doctoral students, the third academic year is regarded as an extended study.
2. For students with extended study taking 10 or more credits, full tuition will be charged. For students taking 9 or fewer credits, bachelor students will be charged credit fees and miscellaneous fees, and master’s and doctoral students will be charged credit fees and basic tuition.
3. For master’s and doctoral students with extended study and having completed all departmental or program degree requirements except thesis, only basic tuition will be charged.
4. There are two stages of tuition payment for international and Mainland Chinese students with an extended study: for the first stage, students pay the miscellaneous fees or basic tuition before registration. For the second stage, students pay credit fees two weeks after the course add and drop period. Please note that all international and Mainland Chinese students with the extended study who fail to pay the “miscellaneous fees” or “basic tuition” shall be considered un-registered.
5. Credit fees will be calculated by teaching hours if there are any discrepancies in credit hours and teaching hours.
C. Other Fees
1. Insurance: Students are required to provide proofs of personal health insurance upon registration for the period from September 2020~ February 2021 (Fall semester) or March 2021–August 2021 (Spring semester). Students can choose to join an insurance program arranged by NSYSU upon registration or purchase their own insurance before coming to Taiwan. The insurance documents acquired abroad should be authenticated by an R.O.C. overseas representative office. After 6 months of residence in Taiwan, it is mandatory for international students with the ARC (Alien Resident Certificate) to join the National Health Insurance (NHI), and the NHI insurance fee will be included in the tuition fees payment form.
2. Dormitory fee: NSYSU provides on-campus housing. The dormitory fee is approximately NT$34,000 per academic year (not including summer and winter breaks). Students may submit application forms for housing after being admitted. Rooms are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
3. Other fees: Expenses for textbooks vary depending on the field of study. Fees for meals are approximately NT$10,000 to NT$12,000 per month.
4. Fee payment for students admitted to NSYSU under cooperative agreements (such as Taiwan Scholarship, VEST500 and other similar programs) shall be in accordance with the agreements.