The General Code of Conduct applies to all students studying at the National Sun Yat-sen University. Students who violate any of the regulations shall be subjected to rules as stipulated in the NSYSU’s Student Conduct and Disciplinary Codes. International Exchange Students who violate any of the regulations shall be referred to the Board of International Exchange Program.
Students who have been found to have violated the General Code of Conduct shall be initially counseled by a student counselor and are given a verbal warning. Any additional violations of any of the provisions shall mean expulsion from NSYSU and notices shall be referred to the student’s department/institute office/ home institutions.
• Students are to maintain orderliness, and respect for others' privacy and should not create any unnecessary noises inside the dormitories and other public areas.
• Students residing in the dormitories should be cautious of their own spaces inside the residence halls and should not use the common areas for their own personal use.
• Students residing in the dormitories are not allowed to bring in guests of the opposite gender inside their rooms. Moreover, residents are not allowed to bring in guests for overnight stays without written consent from the Dorm Office.
• Students are not allowed to move or rearrange the furniture inside their rooms and/or the common areas without prior approval from the University.
• Students are not allowed to use any cooking facilities, utensils, and/or appliances, which are not provided by the university. Besides, any appliances whose usage exceeds 100 watts in the room are prohibited.
• Students are not allowed to BBQ on campus including in the dorm areas.
• Students are not allowed to keep pets.
• Students are not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages, gamble, or engage in any commotion that will lead to a fight.
• Students should maintain the order and usefulness of school properties and should not damage or cause the destruction of such property.
• Students should not create any acts that would cause public disorder, nor participate in any acts that would violate the university codes on public sanitation.
• Students are not allowed to use the parking permits of others, nor lend their parking permits to others.
• Students should not loiter in restricted areas.
• Students are not allowed to swim in restricted areas and also when there is no lifeguard on duty.
• Students should not demonstrate rudeness to professors.
• Students should not undertake actions off-campus that will in turn bring dishonor to NSYSU.
• Students who have violated parking regulations three times will be asked to move out of the dormitory.
• Students are not allowed to smoke on campus, including in dorm areas and balconies.